● Academy of Art University, Master's in Visual Development, 2013-2018 Currently pursuing my Master's in concept art for games and visual media with a thesis based on mobile gaming.
● California State University Chico, BA in Computer Graphics, 1995-2002 Bachelor of Arts program concentrated on 3D modeling and animation; Studio Art minor.
● Lead Artist / Project Head/Animator: Hemlock & the Horrible Net. Fall ‘17
Delivered a successful game pitch to the Academy of Art, Game Department, which then became a collaborative student project. I assembled a team of co-students and together we created a playable demo of our game, Hemlock & the Horrible Net, which is available for the Android, downloadable at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aau.jcs I was lead artist and animator and oversaw a team of 4 other students.
● Environment Pixel Artist: Radiant Rune Fist. Spring ’17
Helped create backgrounds for a side-scrolling 2D pixel game as part of a student collaborative project.
● Sidequest Gallery, Oakland, CA 2014-2015
Owned and operated a marvelous little art gallery in Oakland CA.
● EA, Redwood Shores, 2005
Was a game tester at EA, as part of the CQC, which looks for bugs in games that are deemed ready for shipping.
● Maya. Adobe: Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, InDesign, Unity.
MUNDANE JOB EXPERIENCE:
Lanesplitter Pub, Berkeley 2006-2010 and 2015-2016
General Manager of an awesome little restaurant. Oversaw a staff of 11+, was responsible for promoting an atmosphere of casual friendliness combined with attentive customer service. Duties were numerous and included hiring, inventory, discipline, quality control, customer relations, and everything else in-between.
Little Star/ the Star, Albany/Oakland CA 2010-2015
Assistant Kitchen Manager and Floor Managing server. Responsible for training new employees, supervising staff and managing quality assurance of product and also making sure that service is to an excellent standard.
Moe’s Books, Berkeley, CA 2006-2008
Catalog database management, shipping and receiving, product management (shelving floor stock, and returning damaged and overstocked product to publishers).
● Ocean enthusiast, Galleried Artist, Children’s Book Illustrator/Writer & Former Rap Star