Casey Fay is a professional artist/illustrator. His specialty is cute critters, with an emphasis on conservation, particularly concerning the ocean and planting trees. He has worked on a diverse range of projects. Currently he is based in Chico CA.
● Concept Artist: Theia Interactive. Chico CA 2020-present
I am lead concept artist for a small but powerful 3D design firm, specializing in virtual world construction. I am responsible for creating the preliminary look and feel of each individual place before handing off to the 3D/Technical artists who make it all work. My jobs are myriad but include: reference gathering and mood boards, initial conceptualizations, low poly 3D mock ups of assets, paint overs, color passes and texture call outs. I have worked on projects for major clients such as Epic and AMD/Athlon.
● Contract Storyboard / Motion Graphics Artist: AAA, Gig Car Share. Berkeley CA 2019-2020.
I created short animations from concept to finish in support of Gig Car Share, the automotive rental brand owned by AAA insurance. I created the storyboards for the advertisements, then, using primarily Aftereffects and Photoshop, brought them to life. I created multiple versions to fit different online platforms.
● Contract Painter: Bristle Brothers Mural Co. Berkeley CA 2018-2020.
Part of a small group of painters designing and working on various artistic endeavors all over the Bay Area.
● Lead Artist / Project Head/ Animator: Hemlock & the Horrible Net. Fall ‘17
For my MFA at the Academy of Art University, I, together with a small team of students, created a playable demo of our game, Hemlock & the Horrible Net. It is most likely still available for the Android, downloadable at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aau.jcs I was lead artist and animator and oversaw a team of 4 other students.
● Sidequest Gallery, Oakland, CA 2014-2015
Owned and operated a marvelous little art gallery in Oakland CA.
● Academy of Art University, Master's in Visual Development, 2013-2018 Currently pursuing my Master's in concept art for games and visual media with a thesis based on mobile gaming.
● California State University Chico, BA in Computer Graphics, 1995-2002 Bachelor of Arts program concentrated on 3D modeling and animation; Studio Art minor.
● Maya. Adobe: After Effects, Photoshop, Animate, Illustrator, InDesign. Unreal. Unity.
● Ocean enthusiast, Galleried Artist, Children’s Book Illustrator/Writer & Former Rap Star